Drupal Commons helps organize content into topic groups with blog, discussion, and document, wiki, and event content types. It also allows users to create relationships with each other in order to follow each other’s activities on a site. Authenticated users can view a personalized dashboard containing content from all their subscribed groups.
Drupal Commons provides freedom from the limitations of proprietary social software. Based on the hugely-popular Drupal Web CMS, Drupal Commons adds a complete layer of social business features that are ready-to-use on installation, and which don’t suffer from the constraints of proprietary alternatives.
Why social business software or community project required?
- Increase productivity of skilled employees both within and outside of the enterprise by getting solutions from everywhere.
- Need to share ideas to accelerate innovation.
- Streamline communications and break down the walls of location.
- Participation and conversation beyond corporate boundaries to infuse knowledge and expertise into organizations.
- Keep customers informed and get in touch faster and at lower cost.
- Intranet for organizations, Universities, schools etc.
Why Drupal Commons?
Drupal Commons provides a rich set of features from which you can choose to construct your social business software site to meet the needs of your community, including:
- Users with rich profiles
- LDAP Integration
- Groups, with varying access control
- Friend relationships, enabling users to follow the activity of people they work with
- List of recent activity within a group or across all groups to which a user belongs
- Recent blog or micro blog posts in subscribed-to groups
- Tags - along with tag clouds and content listing by tag
- RSS feeds for group activity
- Content bookmarks
- Site analytics
- Faceted search with ﬁlters
- Email updates on new content
Advantage of Drupal Commons
- Drupal Commons is safe to use: license-safe and technology-safe and Drupal is a very secure software platform.
- Drupal is free from pricing penalties
- A user (organization) does not need to already be using Drupal as their main website platform before they can deploy and use Drupal Commons.
- Drupal (Commons) is SEO-friendly.
Social Business is a mandate which Drupal can satisfy
- The community that your organization serves wants to interact – with each other, and with you. Your organization can nurture and grow with this community if you can provide the infrastructure. Two things need to be combined in this infrastructure: a CMS with Web 2.0 capabilities, like blogs, tagging, etc., plus the social features users are accustomed to, such as groups, project spaces, and status activity postings.
- Drupal combines all these capabilities into a single, free package. It accomplishes this through the power of open source, which provides speedy technical advancement from the community with the no-cost licensing model of free software.
Drupal Commons communities
- Symantec feeds its corporate community – Symantec created its community site to create closer connection with customers of its commercial business products.
- CNN adds citizen journalism – Organizations facing structural change in their industry are among the ﬁrst to recognize the shift to social publishing – because they must.
- Intel – Developer Program
- Sony Ericsson Labs
- New York Senate
- Verizon Wireless
For more details please refer http://apcug.net/virtual/nov12/101129-drupalcommonsoverview.pdf
The mobile application space is exploding. Users are increasingly turning to smartphones and tablets to consume and create content, whether on the go or on the couch. As a result, today’s wireless mobile devices offer a wealth of applications. There seems to be an app for just about every aspect of routine life, engaging users in an exciting and compelling fashion.
The mobile application world continues to expand at a breakneck pace. Whether for social networking, personal finance, gaming or any of the dozens of purposes, smartphones and tablets users are dependent on mobile applications. Analysts estimate for downloads of apps in 2013 range from 56 to 82 billion. In 2017, there could be 200 billion downloads.
As mobile technology keeps the customers stay connected for almost all the time, enterprises are moving beyond the desktop world to keep them attuned to their customers’ needs. But developing a mobile application for today’s distributed enterprises is not a simple task. With Mobile technology taking center stage in today’s world, organizations are keen on making significant advancements in the mobile space.
Webdunia can be a reliable and credible choice for developing a mobile app efficiently and professionally – with a fully equipped lab of app developers.
We offer you the transparent solution
Get a requirement description from the client, send out to the development team + developers strive to match the requirement + first draft release for testing, client review + incorporate all suggested changes + video-conference with the client + final draft released & deployed + send congrats e-mail to team on business e-mail for the work done.
Mobile app world teems with opportunity. Webdunia grabs those opportunities to offer you affordable, reliable and tailor-made mobile apps solutions which are customer-friendly and facilitate easy and quick data processing. From Games, Weather, Social Networking, Maps Navigation Search, M-commerce, Music, News, Entertainment to Banking Finance….we have extensive expertise to serve your varied requirements.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Global Presence in all the business verticals requires producing and sustaining local image for different regions. Local culture customization is more than producing a new image in a different language. Thus, to attract and retain customers, financial organizations around the world must meet the translation needs of a diverse customer base that increasingly relies on communicating in their own language.
Finance Industry has diverse market spread and is the interest of every individual globally. Managing, Investing, Insuring and Making money is the sole aim for all working purposes.
Making common people, from various geographies, understand the financial reports and researches is provocative. Localization helps to communicate ideas in native languages of customer.
The competitive world demands for native language communication and Webdunia helps to fulfill the demand vigorously. Amongst all available localization companies, Webdunia is way ahead of the competition because we are:
The tool that’s meticulous,
The wheeler and dealer,
The category successor,
The driving force,
And a prodigies to translation solution
Which ensure Usability, Extendibility, Scalability, and Affordability.
That’s right!! When it comes to banking and financial instruments translation, Webdunia is the clear favorite. We help you to explore new regions with new possibilities with highly precise capability & quality. We work dedicatedly with live projects for time sensitive data such as regular on day financial reports and newsletters. We assist you with:
• Translation of Research Products: Fundamental reports, Timely reports, Early-Morning Reports, Newsletters, Company Info, Market Insights, Analysis Reports
• Translation of Marketing Collaterals: Brochures, Leaflets, Flyers, Catalogues, Website for different services
• Translation of other documents: Financial Datasheets, Share issues, Trading software, Investment Instructions, Accounting standards, Investment portfolio
Behind every piece of work is a great team. Work belongs to all who have helped create and execute it. For 14 years, our team has been helping BFSI companies for optimizing revenues. Now let’s talk about you – o. deadlines and cost-effective rates. Send us your requirements at email@example.com.
What technology you choose
The enormous growth of cloud services for both web and mobile has generated a surging demand for cloud applications. Research has shown that the productivity of 80% of companies has improved after
for your application development
moving to cloud. Also 47% companies have witnessed lower operating costs after adopting cloud & 14% of companies were able to cut down on their IT cost. What’s more, with robust mix of platform
analysis, engrossing features & skilled developers, Cloud Computing offers distinct advantages including cost savings, elasticity, scalability, load bursting, storage on demand, security, and mobilization.
How you develop it
Last but not least, the technology also supports environmental concerns by saving huge amount of energy. Webdunia leverages you with proven cloud solutions while ensuring coherent, reliable services
does not need to be.
under tight deadlines. So, whenever you are looking for Cloud Application Development, Migration, Testing, Maintenance, and Cloud Consultancy, call us. We are open to welcome your requirements.
Billions of People around the world, Lacs of Destination they travel, Thousands of Language they speak, Hundreds of Culture they follow…..but statistics say that out of billions of people, Millions are non-English speakers. Thus, the primary question is, “How to cross boundaries and reach All at one go?”
The best way to go ahead is get connected. To stay connected and interact you need to go global and localize your communication. Localization can put you in touch with your customers and help you give them real-time destination experience including the place, its culture, cuisines, and specialties.
Tourist, the end-users is more comfortable with their native language than the so called global language “English”. Webdunia helps you to converse with your customers in their local language of choice and comfort……….
We translate your voice to match it with your customer’s language
Native language builds a sense of intimacy and affection.
Intimacy and affection steadily develops trust.
Trust results to gain customer loyalty.
Ten Percent of your inspiration and Ninety Percent of our effort enables the real Global Communication to happen.
Dissemination of presentation of any information in native languages allows the end-user to provide valuable, appropriate and business sensitive feedback which eventually lets you to convert the interactivity to the next business potential.
The world of Travel and Tourism is a rather complex one. Curiosity to discover the hidden latent of a tourist destination within a tourist on the basis of meticulous information reflects the intricacies involved in the presentation of information. That’s why we at Webdunia pick out what’s important, analyze it and give it to you in our power-packed portfolio to help you communicate in the same language your customer speaks. Contact us to multifold you revenue by reaching your customers more efficiently.
Website is the image of your company, showcase of your services and products; what makes it impressive? Regardless of whether you are building an e-commerce site, an online magazine, a portal or a simple content site; you need the best website design that is intuitive, informative and efficient. If creating the website is on the horizon, you may be wondering which content management system (CMS) is the best choice for you. Here’s a diagrammatic representation of most widely-used CMS with the percentage of websites usage.
Popular CMS Usage Statistics
|2011 (1st Jan)||55.3%||10.9%||6.1%||2.7%|
|2011 (1st April)||54.7%||10.7%||6.0%||2.7%|
|2011 (1st July)||54.5%||10.2%||6.2%||2.9%|
|2011 (1st Oct)||54.2%||9.8%||6.3%||2.9%|
|2012 (1st Jan)||54.3%||9.5%||6.5%||3.0%|
|2012 (1st April)||53.8%||9.2%||6.7%||2.9%|
|2012 (1st July)||54.3%||9.2%||6.8%||3.2%|
|2012 (1st Oct)||54.4%||8.9%||7.0%||3.3%|
|2013 (1st Jan)||54.8%||8.7%||7.2%||3.5%|
|2013 (1st April)||54.6%||8.5%||7.1%||3.9%|
|2013 (1st July)||58.2%||10.3%||6.3%||3.4%|
|2013 (1st Oct)||58.5%||9.5%||5.7%||3.4%|
|2013 (8th Oct)||58.8%||9.5%||5.7%||3.4%|
As the statistics indicates, with 37.84% WordPress is the most popular and widely preferable CMS for building multi-purpose websites, blogs, and business pages for a number of reasons. The major reasons why companies has opt for WordPress include affordable costs, easy setup procedure, wide variety of plug-in availability, streamlined content management. The application is SEO friendly and offers web design specialists utmost freedom to design outstanding templates for multi-purpose websites! The technology has adopted by more than 60 million websites and blogs and host over 120 languages. For instances:
• Social Networking: PlayStation Blog
• News Publishing: CNN Political Ticker
• Education/Research: NASA Ames Research Center
• News Publishing: The New York Observer
WordPress is an ultra-fast and easiest way to build awesome websites. Being a WordPress Service Provider, we are abiding to render superior quality WordPress solutions to enrich customer satisfaction and value for money. With a team of dedicated professionals, well-versed with the usage of this software, all your requirements are taken care of in the appropriate manner by matching right industry standards. Webdunia has crafted several websites for varied domains using WordPress CMS. The list goes below:
• Health-care: Carry Fitness (www.carryfitness.com)
• Religious: Vidya Sagar (http://vidyasagar.net)
• Education: Jain Public School (www.jainpublicschools.org)
• Finance Site: Navellier Gold (https://www.navelliergold.com)
So, if you are looking forward to develop a CMS driven website based on WordPress or have some application related queries, then connect us now for qualitative support and best solutions.
Translating a user manual or a marketing collateral piece into the target language does not mean that the product is ready to serve the market. It’s only the half challenge, and then comes the Desktop Publishing, a last phase of any localization project. A simple “Copy and Paste” of design will not do it right. Desktop Publishing in multiple languages can be very challenging in regards of using right software, platform, and adept DTP personnel. It may require necessary guidelines and right process to be adopted when designing documents are intended for localization.
As a Multilingual Desktop Service Provider, Webdunia has developed a comprehensive DTP process from pre-processing the document to post-processing and quality checks for the best results. Furthermore, Our DTP specialists work in all formats and platforms and are skilled in multilingual publishing.
Understanding the Process
Multilingual Desktop Publishing comprises of 6 major steps, these are:
• Extraction of source language text for translation in a translatable format that is readable to translators e.g., Word, RTF, or TXT format.
• Localization of source language text into the desired target language
• Insertion of translated text into the target language version of the document
• Adjusting and formatting of localized text to match the original; complying with target-language standards. Features like hyphenation, punctuation, page breaking, adjustment of text elements for complete display, table of content and index may need to be generated. Also, if there are hyperlinks and inline images, they may have to be restored.
• DTP quality assurance checks
• Generation of PostScript and PDF files for online and print publication
For the successful completion of the DTP process there are some essential rules and guidelines which take under close consideration followed to avoid many problems. These guidelines are especially crucial if the same source document will be translated into multiple target languages. The adjustment of the source document layout may become an imperative to keep costs and lead time down.
• DTP translation from English to any other foreign language take up 30% more space, so the page layout needs to have adequate white space for increasing or decreasing text lengths. It’ll help DTP experts to maintain consistency in font size, characters, and line spacing. Also, allows them to add new pages if require.
• Use of style sheet and paragraph style helps a foreign typesetter to keep layout and position of text and images consistent across the document.
• It is advisable to use simple fonts that can support all the characters of the target language; adopting fancy font families may replace characters that will further cause text inaccuracy. Maximum use of OpenType fonts reduces the cross-platform conversion issues.
• Share all the necessary source files including fonts, graphs, charts, which are used to create the original document. If layers with text and images are used to create unique effects, it is crucial to provide native files in an editable format in order to well-develop the document in the target language.
• Design of the document should be kept simple and light weight. High resolution images may give a great visual deal to a document but heavy load of images can present big challenges in the DTP process and make it more lengthy and expensive.
• Not all icons and images are understood in the same way by readers from different countries, cultures, and languages. Images, symbols, gestures, and colors should be wisely selected while creating the document to ensure that they are not inappropriate or offensive to your global readers. For instances: “red color” is associated with both love and war; “thumbs-up” gestures is usually apprehend as “well-done” but in some countries it may be constructed as an inflammatory insult.
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERPs) system is one of your key IT assets to automate business practices and streamlining processes.
ERPs Localization means adapting ERPs software to different languages and regional variances. It is the process of translating an ERPs product /manual in other languages for adapting the language for a specific country or region. There are various ERP packages available and are well known as SAP, Oracle , Tally etc.
ERPs localization is much more different from other kinds of localization tasks since there are different modules which do not present a cohesive picture as software strings do. While it is easier to decipher software functionality by looking at the localizable strings, it is not so in the case of ERPs strings.
There are different modules, and so different containers which hold the strings. Generally, since these strings concatenate to create a full scenario, they can connect in more ways than one, and that poses a challenge. Also, ERPs has many different departments catered, which means there are hundreds of different scenarios in which these strings may be presented, resulting in an increased challenge for localizers.
Our team has been working for a number of projects involving localization of Financial, Process and Publishing & Packaging related software. We have localized it all, desktop software, web-apps, UA/UI websites using various types of forms and billing and metering systems. Our decade long experience provides Webdunia, the most suitable status for partnering with major ERPs providers and other organizations using business related software for their Localization/Translation needs.
We completed ERPs translation projects for various companies around the globe. We have recently assisted one of our clients with ERPs software/manual Translation, Review and Quality Assurance. The project entailed over 140,000 words requiring almost 1.5 months of skilled and experienced localization team of translators, reviewers and engineers to work on the ERPs translation project.
Our ERPs translation team consists of translators, reviewers and QA professionals was responsible for adapting all portions of the translated content. Simultaneously, our project managers ensured completion of all ERPs translation and software localization work on time, our team delivered the project back to our client meeting the deadline with utmost quality.